We offer several voluntary positions to committed Christians who want to develop a career in outdoor education, whilst at the same time sharing their faith with those who come to the Centre.
This helps us to keep our course fees as affordable as possible for our guests and to provide an opportunity for enthusiastic young Christians to launch a career in the outdoors. It is, therefore, an Occupational Requirement (Equality Act - part 1, schedule 9), that the post-holder is a committed Christian.
CMC Adventure has over fifty years of experience in running outdoor courses and prides itself on the highest of standards. Have you got what it takes?
What do we offer you?
• Training and Assessment courses for MLTUK Summer Mountain Leader Award, Rock Climbing Instructor, Foundation Safety and Rescue Training, Three Star Sea Kayak, Paddlesport Instructor and Mountain First Aid.
• Possible opportunity to do RYA Power Boat Level 2, RYA Safety Boat and Sailing Level 1 and 2.
• 'In work' training opportunities and time to gain experience towards qualifications.
• A monthly allowance to contribute towards your expenses.
• Full board and accommodation whilst you are volunteering with us. (Probably in shared rooms.)
• Exactly the same time off and holiday entitlements as our permanent staff. (2 days off per week and 30 days holiday per year).
• A genuine chance to make a positive difference to people’s lives!
What do you offer us?
• A commitment of 2 years; this is the amount of time it will take to gain the qualifications we offer.
• Enthusiasm for the outdoors; you will need to invest a lot of personal time to gain experience and refine your skills.
• A willingness to be involved in all aspects of life of CMC Adventure; these can range from instructing to domestic duties, from maintenance to gardening. All staff undertake additional duties which enable the Centre to go that "extra mile" for our guests.
• A desire to share your Christian faith with those who visit the centre; be it formally through the evening ministry of the Centre or informally through service we offer our guests.
• Hard work; we all hated our teachers and parents saying it, but it is true! The more you put into the work here, the more you will get out of it!
Some things to think about before applying:
• What do my family/friends/church ministers think about me volunteering at CMC Adventure?
• Have I found out enough about outdoor pursuits instruction?
• Is this a long-term interest for me or a "gap year" type event?
• Am I willing to work as part of a team in all aspects of residential centre life?
• Can I handle being wet and cold day after day?
• Can I handle shared accommodation and communal facilities?