CMC will reopen its residential provision when restrictions are lifted and accommodation with shared facilities is permitted. Upon reopening, cleaning regimes and the use of PPE will be reviewed and revised alongside the then current guidance. CMC is unable to offer single occupancy rooms for the majority of groups and therefore is unlikely to return to normal operation whilst large groups such as schools and youth organisations are unable to travel due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Once open we will:
- Maintain an appropriate cleaning routine during a groups stay and carry out a deep clean in between groups.
- Depending on guidance at the time we will ensure all appropriate PPE is provided. This may include masks and visors for CMC staff depending on the activity and the conditions.
- We may refuse weekend bookings at busy times to allow time to clean and air the centre between a Friday morning group departure and a Monday afternoon group arrival.
- We intend to open our BYM centre first and will be able to offer “isolation” rooms at Pensarn Harbour to be used if anyone should develop symptoms. We strongly advise our groups to consider how they might then safely get this course member home again.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at all entrances and exits to the buildings.
- Clear signage will be in place with regards to the use of hand sanitiser and hand washing.
- We will work with visiting schools to aim to ensure our procedures match theirs to minimise the pupils need to adapt to new protocols.
The above policy will constantly be under review and any changes will be made in consideration of the current UK Outdoors COVID-19 Secure Policy and national and local government guidance.
Please contact the centre to discuss specific details or request current risk assessments.