The project proposal comprises of 4 main elements of works
Aspects of the project have been given working titles, which may change as the project moves forward.
This is a new purpose built external building to include:
- Offices and administration facilities
- Staff meeting room
- Two group changing rooms each with two toilets and two showers for non-residential groups using Pensarn Harbour
- Two individual changing rooms for adults
- One large accessible changing facility
- Accommodation for staff
A ‘fit for purpose’ home for boats and watersports equipment to include:
- Secure boat storage
- Wet storage room
- Mezzanine upstairs store
Refurbishment and extensions on the guest accommodation. The proposed guest accommodation development includes:
- A full refurbishment throughout the centre.
- A first floor extension including a stunning new lounge with a view across the estuary.
- New bedrooms, adding 20 more beds, increasing our capacity to 72.
- Two dormitories will be wheelchair accessible.
- A lift
- Alterations to the floor plan to standardise the size of bedrooms and bathrooms and create wider corridors.
- Larger catering and dining spaces.
An extension along the side of the current games room to include:
- A partially covered veranda so that it can be used in all weather
- Increased useable space in the games room with the additional external meeting space.
- Views out towards the mountains
- More natural light into the games room
- A first floor dorma at the top of the stairs with a view towards the mountains.